Monday, December 30, 2013

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man


I started this blog a year and eight months ago.
My aim was to upload something each week,
not that I always have. 
but still this is post No 100.
Unlike my webpage that is still under deconstruction, 
I wanted it to be less formal 
and be able to include things that does not fit my website format, 
but still would work when someone would be looking for something specific.

The image is a bit of a time travel back to either 1992 or 1993.
I'm sitting in my uncles garden, dressed as always all in black trying to stay pale.
Drawing in one of my drawing books, 
with my favorite pen, the wonderful Rotring Rapidograph size 0.25 mm
that I still use.
At the time I would go almost no where without my walkman, 
listening a lot to tapes among them:
The Cure: Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, Disintegration  
David Bowie: "Heroes", Sort Sol: Flow My Firetear, 
 The Jesus and Mary Chain: Automatic, Primal Scream: Screamadelica,
Lars H.U.G.: City Slang, Blidt Over Dig

No comments:

Post a Comment