Saturday, May 11, 2013

Crème Brûlée


book dummy

Today I was looking throu a box of books to sort out my archive
and stumbled upon a dummy for a book I never printed: Crème Brûlée.
In 1995 wile at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts I spend part of the summer with Kaspar Bonnen 
in the computer room drawing with a program we had gotten from Jan who worked there, 
he had bought it for his daughter
Kid Pix, it was a great and very simple drawing program for kids, 
one of the great things was that it was pixelated so the drawings looked like they were made 
in the computer and not imitating something else. 
Not having a drawing pad we were drawing with the mouse, 
it was kind of like drawing with the left hand.
We published a book of our drawings.
In 2000 I published the book Svimmel completely with drawings made in Kid Pix. 
It was published to coincide with my exhibition at Gentofte Kunstbibliotek, 
where I was showing large silk screened drawings made with the program.
After the book was published I kept drawing with the program intending to make another book, 
I got as far as the dummy, the one that turned up today.
Here are pictures from some of the spreads of
Crème Brûlée.



Tegninger af Kaspar Kaum Bonnén & Jasper Sebastian Stürup
Svimmel
Crème Brûlée












No comments:

Post a Comment